Below is a map of the general area that we cover as a Society, showing the parishes that are known to have existed in 1832. This roughly equates to the same area that forms North Somerset District Council's boundaries, plus that covered by the Axbridge Registration District which was setup in 1837.
Due to population movement and concentration on places such as Weston-super-Mare, Clevedon and Nailsea, some of the above parishes were subsequently split to form new parishes.
The following parishes were split as follows:
We are working towards producing parish transcripts for all parishes in our area. And we have also transcribed records for a number of parishes adjoining us, such as Clutton and Weare.