Comments

Shepstone, Shepston, Shepson
published by RaysBoy - 3 months 9 days ago.

Hi John, I have a Phil(l)ip Shepstone (1806 or 1811-1878) married Ann Stock 1829 at Rowberrow. Trade:Limeburner originally at Shipham, later at Sandford Hill Winscombe.  One child, Eliza, married John Chappell, Q4/1864, at Winscombe.  Does this tie in with your Shepstones?

Raysboy.

SHEPSTONE etc
published by daveerasmus - 3 months 9 days ago.

Apologies for not responding before now, but I think I might have finally broken down a brick wall in my tree after c10 years and I've been focussing on that.

The only thing I would add to John's account is that there was a marriage in Bristol on 17 April 1837 of Elizabeth SHEPSTONE to John BEACHAM.

Dave Erasmus

Hello John,
published by john osmond - 3 months 10 days ago.

Hello John,

Betsy Shepston(e) married James Keedwell twice, in 1841 at Barrow Gurney, and then in 1848 at Clifton. James tried to conceal his first marriage from his uncle (also James) from whom James hoped to inherit and who disapproved of the relationship. As part of the deception James and Betsy invented a fictitious husband for her named John Beacham. Their daughter, Rachel, was registered as Rachel Beacham but baptised as Rachel Keedwell. There is a great deal of evidence to support this odd but true story.

Best wishes, John Osmond

Bawden family
published by Kate8491 - 3 months 10 days ago.

Thanks Pat.  I wasn't aware that Westonzoyland and Bridgwater were outside of the WSMFHS area.  I have actually obtained a lot of information through Ancestry in census information and also through the Church of England Baptisms for Somerset.

Bawden family
published by Kate8491 - 3 months 10 days ago.

Thanks Elizabeth for your iunformation.  I have the baptism records of all the children from the Somerset, England, Church of England Baptisms that has come up on Ancestry.  I was just curious as to where Bridgwater and Westonzoyland were but Pat Hase has clarified that those areas do not come under the Weston-super-Mare Famiy History Society umbrella.

Susan BRYANT
published by Pat Hase - 3 months 10 days ago.

I'm delighted for you and hope that if you can make contact again with Susan, who may know the answers to your questions.  However, please remember in your excitment that it would not be good practice to write anything online about living people without their expressed permission!

It looks as if your perseverance is paying off. - Good Luck with your research - perhaps his first wife might have been Mary Ann ADAMS after all?

Page 10 of 330 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15