Comments

Burial Plot Map for Milton Road Cemetery
published by gricharduk - 5 days ago.

I cannot thank Graham enough for his help - The information he provided, along with selected plot maps, has allowed me locate the graves and we paid our respects at the cemetery this morning. Thank you. Richard

Burial Plot Map for Milton Road Cemetery
published by gricharduk - 6 days ago.

Thank you very much Graham for your reply and for your offer of associated maps. I will send you an email with the details. I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again - really appreciated,

Richard

Burial Plot Map for Milton Road Cemetery
published by Graham Payne - 6 days ago.

Richard

Let me know which plots you are interested in and I will send you the associated maps.

Graham

christmas percy bloom
published by gricharduk - 17 days ago.

The 1939 Register records him as Percy C. BLOOM (otherwise known as Christmas Percy BLOOM), as an unmarried arable farmer at Hall Farm, Happisburgh.

Alma Marie Bregeon
published by gricharduk - 17 days ago.

A photograph of her grave is also on Findagrave. Born in Cardiff to Eugene Constant Bregeon (he was born in France) and Eliza Diana Batten. Early 20th Century newspapers report that she was an accomplished violinist in the Weston-super-Mare Parish Church Band of Hope. The 1939 Register states she was living at a flat in Ashcombe Lodge on Milton Road, of independent means, and a birth date of 7 December 1888. Page 6 of the Western Daily Press, Friday, February 9, 1940, reports that she was elected to the Parochial Church Council (PCC) for the Parish of St. John. You may be able to find some minutes of the PCC at the Somerset Heritage Centre that may give you some additional insights into her life. Regards, Richard.

Lewis Henry SHERBORNE and Mary Bridget MURPHY
published by gricharduk - 17 days ago.

Happy New Year Pat,

I can see that Mary entered many agricultural competitions during the 1950s and was still listed as living at Congresbury in 1958 - See p11, Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser - Saturday 05 July 1958, for the report on the Royal Show at Bristol. Described as Mrs. L. H. Sherborne, Congresbury, she won in the “ducks” category (she seems very keen on anything to do with ducks over the years!).

I wondered if Mary and Lewis divorced (although I understand Mary was a Catholic)? If so, I wondered if you had considered whether this Mary might be the one you are looking for:

1. A Mary Bridget Murphy married an Alexander M Goldie in the last quarter of 1977. The marriage was registered in the Weston-super-Mare district. She would have been aged around 55 years at the time of the marriage (see below). I appreciate she may not have changed back to her maiden name - after all, this is speculative!

2. After their marriage, they lived at 14 Whitecross road, Weston-super-Mare (near the sea front) (1980 BT Telephone Directory).

3. The electoral records for 2003 give her residence as 10, Hillview Park Homes, Locking Road, with a birth year range of 1921 to 1923.

4. Sadly, she died on 27 June 2015 (at Weston), but she did leave a will. Finally, she might be interred at Ebdon Road - In my experience, the staff there are very helpful if you send them an email.

I am not sure if any of the above is relevant but at least it might open a new line of inquiry. I will see if I can find anything about Lewis - I will let you know if I do.

Best regards,