Comments

Physical Members' Meeting
published by Brian Airey - 12 days ago.
BT were working in the area and we were without internet for the afternoon. If anyone wishes to hear the speaker his talk will be on this website shortly

May 2022 Newsletter
published by Jenny Towey - 22 days ago.

I, too, have a similar story of a 4GGU - Robert Carlile, embracing the Mormon faith.  He and his family upsticked from Nottinghamshire and went to Utah - living mainly in Heber.

Whilst attending a talk at the recent GOONS conference the speaker mentioned that she had obtained some of the diary volumes of a man named Memmott (which was her one-name study).  This chap had also converted to Mormonism and wrote about his experiences travelling over to the USA and his first years setting up a farm and home.

I asked the speaker for contact details re the diary and I have ordered the first two volumes (of 7).  The time period for these diaries are from the mid C19th.  If anyone else is interested in these first-hand experiences then do get in touch jenny@towey.me.uk

An Extra Weston Worthy - Simon PALMER
published by Jenny Towey - 27 days ago.

..another excellent (extra) Worthy, Pat - just shows what can be found...

Charles CLAPP and Mary Ann COLES
published by jacky3 - 27 days ago.

Hi Margaret,

My reply to this message seems to have gone astray.

Briefly, your Charles Clapp is a yeoman farmer.  His Gt grandfather was George CLAPP, born Wedmore 1703, died Chapel Allerton 1783.

My Charles CLAPP was a fisherman.  His Gt grandfather was also George CLAPP, born Wedmore 1703, died Chapel Allerton 1783.

Your Charles CLAPP is my second cousin four times removed.  My Charles CLAPP is my Gt Gt Grandfather.  So if you are referring to your own tree, then we must be related in some way.

Regards, Jacky

Charles CLAPP and Mary Ann COLES
published by jacky3 - 27 days ago.

Hi Margaret,

Yes, this Charles is my Gt Gt Grandfather, as mentioned in my reply to your previous comment, and they are related.  I am descended from their son John, born Burnham-on-sea 1830, died Newport, Mon1909.

Regards, Jacky

Charles CLAPP and Mary Ann COLES
published by margaret-amesbury - 28 days ago.

I have found another Charles Clapp 1804 a Fisherman from Berrow who was born Stone Allerton, This one married a Mary and they had children William 1826, John 1831, Albert 1836, James 1838, Joseph 1841, Edwin 1846, Sidney 1849, Walter 1851 and Martha 1853.

Page 1 of 427 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10