Comments

Hewish and Puxton Harvest Festival Committee 1927
published by Kate Osmond - 9 days ago.

Hi Rob – Got another suggestion for you. I think 30 and 29 could be Gilbert Frost’s other two sons. On the left is Ernest James Frost (1894-1973) – matches teenage photo well. I think his brother, Arthur Charles Frost (1896- 1968) of Willow Farm, Puxton, is standing next to him although harder to say for sure from the photo comparison.

Hewish and Puxton Harvest Festival Committee 1927
published by Kate Osmond - 10 days ago.

Hi Uphill - Do you know the name of the man sitting to Rev Lutley's left in the cricket photo? I think he could be no.19 in the newspaper photo. I'd be interested to know who he is. Is there an index for the cricket photo you can give us. Thanks, Kate

Hewish and Puxton Harvest Festival Committee 1927
published by zumrob - 10 days ago.

When Uphill mentioned Mr Osmond - I thought that you might have some input!

There is definitely a resemblance there. I have edited the earlier comment (with the committee all numbered) to include his name in.

Thanks

Rob

Hewish and Puxton Harvest Festival Committee 1927
published by Kate Osmond - 10 days ago.

Re: Mr Osmond. I think this might be Bertram Albert Osmond (1887-1971) who farmed at Plum Tree Farm, West Wick. His sister, Millicent, was married to Percy G Edwards. There is a picture of him on Ancestry but as a much older man. Harder to compare the photos this time but I think it probably is him.

Richard Clapp b 1780
published by Peter Williams - 12 days ago.

Thanks very much for your reply.  I agree, your analysis does seem to fit.  I had spotted Richard in the 1841, 51 & 61 census on Ancestry where he is described as a “bonnet presser” but as he is described as a “farmer” on the 1813 Chapel Allerton baptism record for his daughter Fanny it seemed like an unlikely change of occupation.  On reflection, why not!
I’m running with your suggestion now and will see where it leads me.

Thanks again you have been very helpful.

Regards
Peter

Richard Clapp b 1780
published by zumrob - 12 days ago.

What about this baptism of Martha & Mary (twins) baptised 1 Nov 1828 in Weare - daughters of Richard & Scr? CLAPP of Stone Allerton.

Richard crops up gain in the 1841 & 1851 census living in Chelsea, London with wife Salvia? and daughter Mary (born in Weare). 1841 mentions Arabella Clapp & Julia Clapp as well as Mary.

Looks like he was buried 1 Jun 1859 in Brompton. He had been living on the King's Road in Chelsea.

(All above on Ancestry - if you have not got access let me know)

Wife Sylvia!(nee FOOT)  buried 4 May 1865 in Brompton Cemetery (findagrave.com). She hailed from Dunhead, Wiltshire

They married 13 Nov 1827 St George the Martyr, Southwark. (record again on ancestry.co.uk). Richard stated as being a widower.

All these seem to tie up - no obvious red flags.

Page 4 of 434 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10