Comments

Wadham Street Baptist Church
published by daveerasmus - 7 days ago.

Pat: I will contact you direct as I cannot work out how to attach a file!

Dave Erasmus

Wadham Street Baptist Church
published by Pat Hase - 10 days ago.

Thank you Derrick - I am entering the data as published in the newspaper but I have now added their other names as alternatives with a note to that effect.  I had picked up Mary Ann but not Mary Jane so thank you for that.  If anyone else has information about marriages at Wadham Street Baptist I'd be delighted to hear from you.

I've entered about 75 so far - most from online newspapers - including two cases of bigamy!

Wadham Street Baptist Church
published by Derrick Norton - 11 days ago.

Dear Pat,

DYER   you have a marriage on your list for 1898 Marion Dyer to FC Stephen. I have her as Mary Ann (FreeBMD  April-June 1872).

Her Father William Dyer (widower), on your list as her father, married Mary Jane ("May") Sargent in Wadham St.  Baptist on 19th April 1898.

I suspect all 3 of his daughters married there too, but have no evidence.

This is the William Dyer who you previously helped me with considerably, as you sent me a copy of his Obituary and his will - which also uses "Mary Ann".

Best wishes,

Derrick Norton

Weston-super-Mare Grammar School for Boys
published by Pat Hase - 11 days ago.

The official opening took place on 17 Dec 1935 (from Western Daily Press)  My guess is that the pupils probably moved in at the start of the academic year in September 1935.

ROF Bridgwater
published by daveerasmus - 14 days ago.

The National Archives also has a document called The History of the Royal Ordnance Factory Bridgwater (ROF37) 1940-45. Not available online unfortunately. A simple Google search should throw up the link.

ROF Bridgwater
published by Pat Hase - 15 days ago.

There are some records for Ordnance Factories at the National Archives - might be worth a try? This is a link to available records about the Bridgwater site for that time.  A lot of the records are technical but an enquiry at Kew might be profitable.

Page 1 of 330 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10