Comments

Do you know anyone in the picture?
published by Bill Caple - 1 months 21 days ago.

Hi Dave. Thank you for your reply. The "potteries" area was close to The Royal Potteries of Weston which made bricks, tiles and pots ect. the area included Bridge road and Langford road. I believe the children in the picture were from the Memorial Hall Sunday School in Langford Road.

I will email a copy of the picture.

Bill Caple

Do you know anyone in the picture?
published by daveerasmus - 1 months 22 days ago.

Hi Bill. Thanks for posting this. Is it possible for you to email me a copy of the photograph, please? I would like to share it with some of the older members of my family.

What exactly do you mean by the "potteries area of Weston"? And how do you know that's where the children came from?

Dave Erasmus

Wadham Street Baptist Church
published by daveerasmus - 2 months 4 days ago.

Pat: I will contact you direct as I cannot work out how to attach a file!

Dave Erasmus

Wadham Street Baptist Church
published by Pat Hase - 2 months 7 days ago.

Thank you Derrick - I am entering the data as published in the newspaper but I have now added their other names as alternatives with a note to that effect.  I had picked up Mary Ann but not Mary Jane so thank you for that.  If anyone else has information about marriages at Wadham Street Baptist I'd be delighted to hear from you.

I've entered about 75 so far - most from online newspapers - including two cases of bigamy!

Wadham Street Baptist Church
published by Derrick Norton - 2 months 7 days ago.

Dear Pat,

DYER   you have a marriage on your list for 1898 Marion Dyer to FC Stephen. I have her as Mary Ann (FreeBMD  April-June 1872).

Her Father William Dyer (widower), on your list as her father, married Mary Jane ("May") Sargent in Wadham St.  Baptist on 19th April 1898.

I suspect all 3 of his daughters married there too, but have no evidence.

This is the William Dyer who you previously helped me with considerably, as you sent me a copy of his Obituary and his will - which also uses "Mary Ann".

Best wishes,

Derrick Norton

Weston-super-Mare Grammar School for Boys
published by Pat Hase - 2 months 7 days ago.

The official opening took place on 17 Dec 1935 (from Western Daily Press)  My guess is that the pupils probably moved in at the start of the academic year in September 1935.

Page 4 of 333 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10