Comments

Pople
published by Pat Hase - 3 months 5 days ago.
An Alexander Henry POPLE who was born in Berrow in 1829 married a Charlotte Elizabeth JONES in 1854 in Dilton Marsh, Westbury at the Providence Chapel, Penknap. Alexander H POPLE was one of 13 children all born in Berrow to William & Mary POPLE nee PEARSON. Charlotte JONES was an elder sister of my Great Grandfather, David JONES. Do your POPLE interests fit into this family?

HILL
published by Pat Hase - 3 months 8 days ago.
By using the GRO index https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/login.asp you can find the mother\'s maiden name for a Kate HILL whose birth was registered in 1866 in the Bridgwater Registration District. It was JARVIS. You can then use FreeBMD to find a marriage of a Henry HILL with a Mary JARVIS prior to 1866 - I think you will find one in Altrincham in 1862.

HILL
published by suzannerowley - 3 months 9 days ago.
Hello - does anybody have any information of Henry Hill born 1839 I think he was married to a Mary ?? born 1844 what I need to know is her surname. Their first child Kate hill was born 1866 - originate from Brigwater. I m unable to find a marriage certificate for the couple or Marys surname . \r\n\r\nThanks\r\n\r\nSuzanne rowley

Somerset Photographers
published by Pat Hase - 3 months 27 days ago.

Thank you Carol - I have forwarded this to Phil Nicholls.  I see from our transcriptions that he was buried at Worle on Christmas Eve - what a  sad Christmas for that family.  You can make contact with Phil Nicholls directly by using this email address

Somerset Photographers
published by Carol - 3 months 28 days ago.

I live in Yeovil now, so was not at the talk and don\'t know who was mentioned, but I have a photograph of my uncle, Frederick George Bennett, which was taken by J E Ballantyne, Regent Street, Weston-super-Mare, I would think about 1910, if this fills in any gaps. My uncle was killed in 1910 following a kick to the head by a horse.  He was 20 and was to have been married in a few days. This is a studio portrait and the print number is 6316.

Who lived in Burlington Street?
published by Pat Hase - 4 months 3 days ago.

Thanks you for your comments Eddie.  Meadow Villas had some very interesting residents over the years.  In 1881 Henry BUTT, who later became the first Mayor of Weston in 1937 was lodging at No 7.  Francis Henry HORSTMANN (known as Henry HORSTMANN) was living at No 9 the same year.  He came from a family of Watch & Clock Makers who came from Germany and settled in Bath.  Read more about the HORSTMANN Gear Co  It's so easy to get side tracked!!

Page 5 of 345 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10