Comments

George H BRYANT - Nailsea
published by Pat Hase - 1 months 15 days ago.

I see your problem! I'm assuming his first wife died but there are no deaths of a woman surname BRYANT in the Long Ashton Registration District (for Nailsea) between 1900 and 1928 of  a  suitable age.  When did his daughter die?  Would that have been after he married Gladys?  Do you know what happened to his son George?

If the date of birth given for George on the 1939 Register is Correct - 31st August 1880 - that narrows down the possibilities for his birth place, none of which appear to be in Somerset.

SHEPSTONE and variants
published by daveerasmus - 1 months 16 days ago.

Hi John. I think we might have been in touch in the distant past. I have Betsy SHEPSTON in my tree - christened at Rowberrow on 8 September 1818. She married James KEEDWELL (eventually), a brother of John Walker KEEDWELL, my 3xGGF.

Dave Erasmus

Clark
published by Catherine Clark Seely - 1 months 16 days ago.
My Ancestors also came from Shipham and Rowberrow and were miners. I can trace back to Jeremiah and Elizabeth Clark 1764.

Shepstone and variants
published by jt.upton@hotmail.co.uk - 1 months 16 days ago.

I've been 'collecting' Shesptones for over 30 years.  My Ancestry.co.uk tree now has all the data and most of the source references from my research.  I'd love to hear from any members who would like to exchange info.

John Thompson

Harriet Jarvis
published by Les Martels - 1 months 20 days ago.

Hi Phil,

Nice of you to  keep me in mind with this family.  I am aware of the Lympsham Jarvis family but so far, I have not been able to to tie them in with my family.  If they are connected, it is a very tenuous connection and I really must confine my searches closer to my main lines as my tree is getting so big, it will become unmanageable if I go too far away from source.  But thanks again for your interest.

Elizabeth

Slade family
published by Les Martels - 1 months 20 days ago.

Hi Bill,

I think you have included another family in your 21 siblings for Francis.  I have found 17 children altogether with 4 dying very young.  I have not gone into the baptism and burial transcriptios as someone has suggested so I may have missed one.

The whole family is very well documented on Ancestry with photos of gravestones and I am sure also in the Hutton and Lympsham PRs on this site.

Unfortunately, the 1911 census doesn't give the exact number of live births to Amelia which is a shame as there are several marriages that are a Slade - Porter combination.  If you can follow the instructions on the post above, you will find all you need but if you have trouble doing that, I am happy to list out the information I have found. (very easily)

Edward Slade married Amelia Porter 18th June 1862 at St Philip and St Jacob, Bristol  ref 2nd qtr 1862 Bristol vol 6a page 100

Elizabeth