Comments

Glentworth Hall
published by Pat Hase - 3 months 15 days ago.

What a marvellous find!  Glentworth Hall Private Hotel was on Knightstone Road in Weston-super-Mare.  It overlooked what is now the Marine Lake but was sadly demolished and replaced by flats.  You should be able to see it here on an old map of Glentworth Bay  The Causeway at the bottom of the map leads to Knightstone Island.  Would love to hear more about your ancestor's activities in this area.

Weston-super-Mare Grammar School for Boys
published by Bill Caple - 3 months 22 days ago.

Picture of the Grammar School taken in the late 1930s

Do you know anyone in the picture?
published by Bill Caple - 3 months 22 days ago.

Hi Dave. Thank you for your reply. The "potteries" area was close to The Royal Potteries of Weston which made bricks, tiles and pots ect. the area included Bridge road and Langford road. I believe the children in the picture were from the Memorial Hall Sunday School in Langford Road.

I will email a copy of the picture.

Bill Caple

Do you know anyone in the picture?
published by daveerasmus - 3 months 23 days ago.

Hi Bill. Thanks for posting this. Is it possible for you to email me a copy of the photograph, please? I would like to share it with some of the older members of my family.

What exactly do you mean by the "potteries area of Weston"? And how do you know that's where the children came from?

Dave Erasmus

Wadham Street Baptist Church
published by daveerasmus - 4 months 5 days ago.

Pat: I will contact you direct as I cannot work out how to attach a file!

Dave Erasmus

Wadham Street Baptist Church
published by Pat Hase - 4 months 8 days ago.

Thank you Derrick - I am entering the data as published in the newspaper but I have now added their other names as alternatives with a note to that effect.  I had picked up Mary Ann but not Mary Jane so thank you for that.  If anyone else has information about marriages at Wadham Street Baptist I'd be delighted to hear from you.

I've entered about 75 so far - most from online newspapers - including two cases of bigamy!

Page 9 of 339 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14