Comments

Edward Lionel MORSE
published by Pat Hase - 2 months 20 days ago.

According to our records his ashes were scattered in the Garden of Rest on Plot 373 in Milton Road Cemetery and his date of death is given as 6th Dec 1957.  Isabella's ashes are in the same place - she died 21 June 1960.

Mystery Photographs
published by libbybeth - 2 months 20 days ago.

I think the surname is Bead. In the word 'rememberance' the r is written in the style I use myself and is quite defined. This is missing in the surname.

Cousins both called Arthur James HASE born 1883
published by daveerasmus - 2 months 22 days ago.

If it's any comfort, I have just tried to do the same and had the same result. All very odd. I did manage to find a death record for Peter James HAYES (born 27 January 1934) in June 1990 in Thanet, Kent (Vol 16 p1840).

Mystery Photographs
published by Les Martels - 2 months 22 days ago.

The initial is very difficult as it looks like a combination of two letters but I would try an F or a K and the surname I think is BEARD.  This initial is not an R, a T or a B but could be the capital form of K if you compare it with the word kept.

Miss ? Beard.  To be kept in the Remembrance by ....

Cousins both called Arthur James HASE born 1883
published by Pat Hase - 2 months 23 days ago.

Thank you so much for your suggestions Dave, - they were new to me.  The death of Rosina HAYES in 1935 is certainly worth looking into.  I'm not so sure about the 1939 register entry because, using the GRO index and FreeBMD, I can't match any of the children with Rosina's maiden name of NEWMAN.  In fact I can't find a common mothers' maiden name for them at all!.  But it does look interesting -more work needed!

Cousins both called Arthur James HASE born 1883
published by daveerasmus - 2 months 25 days ago.

Hi Pat. There is an Arthur James HAYES born 10 October 1885 (not 1883, but...) living in Erith, Kent in 1939. He is a widower. He has a number of children living with him. The youngest is Peter born 1934. If this is your AJH then his wife Rosina would have died some time after Peter's birth and before the 1939 Register. There is a death of a Rosina A Hayes registered in Chelsea in 1935. She was 50. Might be worth a look (if you haven't already).

Dave Erasmus